This blog.

This is a Christian-fiction storyblog about a
young widowed Christian man and the
fictional town in Ohio where he lives.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Narrow Escape. (Chapter 9)




After praying for the victim Mac had rescued from the
fiery auto accident, the pastor said, "I'm going down to
the ICU waiting room to pray with that man's family.
The pastor then turned to Mac and said, "That was
good work Mac. That man might not have made it
this far had you not been there."
"That makes two of us, Hal," Mac replied, "Please
keep me updated if you here any more on him."
"I certainly will, Mac," and with that the pastor
headed to the ICU waiting area where Karen and
her mother were.
After the pastor left Mac spoke.
"Gary," Mac said, "I have a favor to ask of you and Vera."
"Why sure Mac," Gary replied, "What can we do for you?"
I don't know how long I'll be in here and I need someone
to help feed and water Cornelius, Kato and the rabbits."
"I don't see why not," Vera put in, " I know Brian and Dawn
would be thrilled to help out."
"Exactly," Mac answered, "Their birthdays are on the same
month, correct?"
"Yes, that is correct," said Vera.
"Good because my one mini-lop is expecting a litter soon and
as a birthday present for taking care of them and my dog and
cat, I'd like to give each of them a bunny, if that is alright with
you."
"Why that would be lovely," Vera smiled and then looked to Gary
and said, "Gary?"
 Gary answered enthusiastically, "I think that is an outstanding idea!"
"Great and thank you," Mac said happily and then requested, "Could
one of you bring them in here? I wish to tell them my offer."
"I'll be right back with them," replied Vera instantly and went out to
get Brian and Dawn.
 "Why Mr. Davenport," Jenny spoke up, "That is so sweet of you."
 Wilfred Templar then added in, "A most capitol idea, young Mac."
"Yes," Mac responded, "and since I'm going to be laid up for a
little bit, I'm going to have to count on the two of you to open up
the church and greet. You each have a key, right?"
"I sure do," Jenny answered.
"The same," Wilfred added.
"Good deal," Mac said then added, "If you two will excuse us, I need to
speak with Gary alone."
"I need to be going anyway," Wilfred said, "Ill be praying for your recovery
as well as that of the gentleman you rescued. A good day to you Mac and
Gary."
"Goodbye Mr. Davenport," Jenny said, "I'll be praying for you and that man,
too."
"Please do," Mac said and waved at her and Wilfred, "and thanks for coming."
 After Wilfred and Jenny left Mac and Gary discussed how to go about the
chores of caring for Mac's pets while Vera went to get Brian and Dawn.
When Vera came back with Brian and Dawn Mac said to them, "Brian and
Dawn? I have a proposition for you."



This concludes Chapter 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment