This blog.

This is a Christian-fiction storyblog about a
young widowed Christian man and the
fictional town in Ohio where he lives.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Narrow Escape. (Chapter 11)





Brian and Dawn stood at the foot of Mac's hospital bed as Mac
made his announcement.
"Brian, Dawn." Mac began to say, "I am going to be in here for
awhile, not sure how long, but I need your help."
He went on to say, "How would you like to feed Cornelius, Kato
and my rabbits while I am out?"
"Oh Uncle Mac," Dawn was to first to answer, "I'd love that!"
"Me, too!" Brian replied also.
"Thank you," Mac said then went on, "Now my one mini-lop
Duchess is going to have babies pretty soon and I understand
you two both have birthdays on the same month, correct?"
"Yes Uncle Mac," both children replied while looking at Mac
intentitively.
"Okay, how would the two of you each like a bunny as a birthday
gift as well as for taking care of the animals?"
Brian and Dawn looked at each other, their eyes wide with
excitement, then immediately looked back to Mac with
Brian the first to respond with "Yes Uncle Mac, thank you!"
"Thanks Uncle Mac!" Dawn nearly squealed with delight.
"Now remember, you need to do a good job and follow the
instructions Uncle Mac gives you," Vera reminded her kids
in a firm and motherly tone.
"Mac wrote down the instructions which I have with me,"
Gary announced, "When we get home you both need to
study and go over it, alright?"
"Okay Dad," Brian said.
"Yes Dad," said Dawn.
"Very Good."
"Its not hard to follow," Mac grinned, "I've got it written
down in steps. You won't have any trouble, kids."
"Thanks Uncle Mac," Brian and Dawn replied with Brian
adding, "We'll take good care of them."
"I know you will," Mac said.
"Mac," Gary said, "We need to be going so Brian and
Dawn can study your instructions plus I think visiting
hours are almost up."
"I understand," Mac acknowledged as he and Gary
shook hands, "Thanks a lot for your help and thank
you for stopping by."
"That's what brothers-in-Christ are for, brother,"
Gary said with a smile, " Try and get some rest
big guy."
"Good idea, I'll see you when I get out."
As Gary, Vera and the kids started to head for the
room exit, Pastor Hal Shumway came back with an
expression that indicated good news.
"Mac, Gary, Vera, kids," the pastor chimed, "The
man you rescued, Mac, is now conscious. He is
responding to treatment."



This concludes Chapter 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment