This blog.

This is a Christian-fiction storyblog about a
young widowed Christian man and the
fictional town in Ohio where he lives.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Narrow Escape. (Chapter 10)




 Karen and her mother were still in the ICU waiting area of
County General Hospital when Pastor Hal Shumway walked
in. Seeing that Karen and her mother were the only people in
the room he introduced himself to them by saying, "Excuse me
ladies, are you the family of Richard Williams? I'm Pastor Hal
Shumway of the hospital clergy."
 Neva stood up and immediately answered, "Yes we are Pastor
Shumway!" She then added, "I'm Neva Williams and this is my
daughter Karen."
 She held her hand in Karen's direction as Karen stood up.
"Nice to meet you Pastor," Karen replied as she got up from
her seat and held out her hand. Hal gently shook her hand and
said warmly, "A pleasure, Karen."
Neva then started with, "Karen and I were just praying for
her father." She put a hand on Karen's shoulder and went
on, "He doesn't know the Lord Pastor, and that is why we
just had prayer for him."
"Have you heard anything more on him, Pastor?" asked
Karen.
"I heard he is stable but critical," the Pastor replied, "That's
all I know right now. However I was just with the man who
rescued him from the wreck and me and a few other folks
with me had a group prayer for your father."
"Oh thank you Pastor," Karen responded joyfully, "I really
appreciate that."
 Hearing that seemed to lift her spirits.
"Pastor Shumway," Neva spoke, "You said you were just
with the man you said rescued him. You mean he's here in
the hospital, too? Did he get hurt rescuing my husband?"
"Yes, Mrs. Williams," the pastor said and before he could
go on Karen and her mother looked at each other in shock.
The pastor put up a hand to calm them.
 "He's perfectly functional and he's acting as if he isn't hurt
at all."
The pastor then went on, "But I'm not at liberty to discuss
the condition of a patient not related to the visitors. I have
to consider patient confidentiality."
 Neva and Karen seemed relieved at what Pastor Hal said
in regard to Mac Davenport.
 "I will say this," the pastor said, "Had that man not been
there, you're husband would not have even made it this far."
 "God bless that man," Neva praised.
  "He has indeed, Mrs. Williams," the pastor said, "You see,
that man is also a vital and commited member of the church
I pastor; Newberry Community Church."
 "You're the pastor there?" Karen lit up.
 "Yes, Karen."
   Karen and her mother looked at each other in awe at what
they just heard.
 And we were interested in this church, too, Karen thought
in awe and praise despite the present crisis.


This concludes Chapter 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment