This blog.

This is a Christian-fiction storyblog about a
young widowed Christian man and the
fictional town in Ohio where he lives.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Narrow Escape. (Chapter 17)




 Joy had filled the ICU room of Richard Williams when Mr.
Williams made it known to his wife and daughter that he
gave his life to the Lord.
 On hearing her father's testimony Karen's eyes lit up and
she clamped both hands over her mouth to stifle screams
of joy. Karen's mother followed suite.
 Karen was the first to reach his bedside took his right hand
in to both of hers and then asked excitedly, "Daddy, did you
really mean that?"
 When getting a closer look at her father she noticed some
streaks on the side of his face and some stains on the pillow
which seemed to confirm her father's answer.
Karen's father replied with, "I certainly did, Pumpkin!"
"Oh, Daddy," Karen squealed softly, "I'm so happy for you!
Mom and I have prayed for this day for the longest time!"
 Karen's mother stood on the opposite side of her husband's
bed with his left hand in both of hers and with tears of rejoicing
said, "Richard, I am so glad the Lord has shown you the light!"
"What happened to me was a wake-up call, Neva," Mr. Williams
replied, "I nearly paid a price for not listening to the two of you."
"Sometimes a near-death experience is what it takes", Mrs. Williams
stated softly.
"I have to agree with you there, Hon,' " Mr. Williams agreed.
Karen leaned closer to her father and lay her head on his
shoulder while still holding his hand and said softly, " I love
you, Dad."
"I love you too, Pumpkin", her father replied and then announced,
"First thing I'm going to do is find a church where we can all worship
as a family."


This concludes Chapter 17.

No comments:

Post a Comment